Last Updated: 1/19/2022
Effective Date: 3/22/2022
Parfum Francis Kurkdjian pays particular attention to the processing, confidentiality and safety of your personal data.
The aim of this privacy charter is to provide you with clear, simple and complete information about how we process the personal data you give us or the data we may collect while you are browsing our website, how it may be transferred to third parties and your rights and options to control your personal information and protect your privacy.
Parfum Francis Kurkdjian, a simplified joint-stock company with headquarters located at 41 rue Etienne Marcel, 75001 Paris, registered in the Paris trade and companies register under no. 508 343 886 is acting as the data controller of personal data collected under this privacy charter.
You may use the links below to jump to particular topics of interest:
What is personal data?
“Personal data” or “personal information” is any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual, such as their last name, first name, date of birth, customer number, order number, photo, etc.
When can we collect your personal data?
We can collect your personal data when you:
· Create a customer account on our website, in our stores or corners;
· Order goods from our website;
· Make purchases in stores;
· Agree to receive marketing communications from us by email or post, depending on your selection;
· Answer surveys or satisfaction questionnaires based on your customer experience;
· Interact with our company via its official page on social networks or when we suggest re-use of content that you have published on a social network;
· Contact our customer service;
· Send requests for information to our Company;
· Take part in an event we organise;
· Browse on the Internet using cookies or similar technology or when you click on advertisements for our products.
What personal data might we collect?
We may collect the following types of personal data in the following contexts:
(i) As part of the services we provide, we may need to collect certain data directly from you using electronic forms on our website, mobile apps or in selected stores, or in paper form, for a range of purposes.
Information we might collect includes:
· Your identity;
· Your birthday;
· Your contact details (e.g. email address);
· Your personal preferences in relation to the products we market or to our website (language);
· Information relating to your orders, their tracking and your purchase invoices;
· Information you may provide for our customer service;
· Specific health data if you notify us of any undesirable side-effects concerning any of our products;
· Your bank details if you place an order via our website.
Important: your bank details are encrypted on Parfum Francis Kurkdjian servers. Payments are processed via a secured payment platform, involving additional verifications, in order to guarantee the security of purchases made on www.franciskurkdjian.com, and combat fraud.
The details you provide of your payment card when placing an order are always encrypted prior to transit using an SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol.
In addition, some personal data collected while placing an order on our website www.franciskurkdjian.com can be processed for the purpose of securing payments and combating fraud. Parfum Francis Kurkdjian analyses, on the basis of objective criteria, the risk of fraud related to each order. Thus, Parfum Francis Kurkdjian is likely to ask its customers for additional supporting documents.
In this case, the controlled order will not be shipped until the supporting documents have been received and analysed by Parfum Francis Kurkdjian. The order may be cancelled if the documents received do not guarantee the security of the order and its payment.
The personal data collected will be kept until the final validation of the payment by the customer's bank and will then be deleted without undue delay.
Personal data essential to Parfum Francis Kurkdjian is marked with an asterisk on all personal data collection forms on our website, in electronic form at some of our counters and stores, as well as off-line in paper form. If you do not fill in these compulsory fields, Parfum Francis Kurkdjian will probably be unable to respond to your request and/or provide you with the requested services. Other information is optional and enables us to get to know you better and improve our communications and services with respect to you.
(ii) We may also collect certain data generated by your purchases of products or services, online or in stores, particularly information regarding the amount and type of your purchases.
(iii) We may collect information regarding the use of our website, especially with respect to your browsing (pages visited, links clicked, etc). Some of this information may be collected using cookies placed in your web browser when you browse our website. For more information about cookies, read point below.
(iv) We and our third-party partners and service providers may also collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites, applications, and devices using certain data matching techniques.
(v) Lastly, if you apply for a job with our company via our website, we may collect the following information:
· Your identity;
· Your contact details;
· Your Curriculum Vitae;
· Your application letter.
As this data concerns your application, please inform us in writing of any changes to your contact details or, more generally, to your career and employment situation, to help us to manage your application efficiently.
For what purpose is your personal data collected and used?
Parfum Francis Kurkdjian processes your data to:
· Enable you to create a customer account on our website, as well as at our corners and stores;
· Manage your access to your customer account on the Internet;
· Process and manage your online orders and their delivery;
· Record purchases made at our corners or in our stores;
· Secure online transactions, prevent fraud, payment incidents and manage debt collection;
· With your explicit consent, for sending you personalized newsletters and using third-party services to customize your profile;
· Manage customer relations with respect to any requests for information or complaints you may send us via our website, customer service or social network pages;
· Trace and manage any alerts you may send us as part of our cosmetic vigilance obligations;
· Manage and optimise your customer experience by improving our knowledge of our customers;
· Propose appropriate, tailored services, particularly when we enhance our products and services;
· Conduct statistical analyses to develop management, measuring and reporting tools in order to adjust and improve our sales, marketing and product manufacturing;
· Subject to your consent, send you information on our offers, news and events on your chosen communication media;
· Manage your participation in any events to which you have signed up;
· Manage any online job application.
What legal grounds legitimise the processing of your data?
Parfum Francis Kurkdjian processes your personal information:
· To perform the contract agreed between yourself and Parfum Francis Kurkdjian, to manage your access to your customer account and to process and track your orders;
· Within the framework of its legitimate interest for the purposes of marketing management, securing its digital media (websites, applications, etc.) and particularly while combating fraud;
· When you have given your consent for the processing of your data, especially for the purposes of managing our sales prospection, and of your browsing data via cookies, etc
· Within the framework of compliance with our legal obligations, particularly fiscal obligations (conserving purchase invoices) and cosmetic vigilance with regard to Regulation (EU) 1223/2009 of 30 November 2009 on cosmetic products.
Who are the recipients of your personal data?
Your personal data is processed by the personnel of Parfum Francis Kurkdjian. We aim to ensure that only authorised persons within Parfum Francis Kurkdjian have access to your personal data when this is necessary for the purpose of managing our commercial relations or meeting our legal obligations.
We may also share your personal data with:
· Parfum Francis Kurkdjian subsidiaries and affiliates;
· Other entities of the LVMH Group, with some of these entities acting as data processors;
· Entities that acquire, or plan to acquire, our company, business, or our assets, including at the negotiation stage of such acquisitions;
· Subcontractors, such as:
- · Site hosting and maintenance service providers and the providers of our electronic personal data collection solutions at counters and in stores;
- · Payment service providers;
- · Anti-fraud service providers such as our trusted service provider, Forter, which helps us to prevent online fraud. Our service provider may, in its capacity as a Data controller, use and process your personal information in accordance with applicable privacy and data protection laws. You can read about the ways by which our service provider may use and process your personal information in this address : https://www.forter.com/privacy-policy/
- · Logistic service providers;
- · Marketing solution service providers;
- · Sales prospection and social network communication service providers;
- · Customer service providers;
- · Service providers for managing cosmetic vigilance alerts;
- · Event organisation service providers
Parfum Francis Kurkdjian may also need to share your personal data with third parties to meet its legal, regulatory or treaty obligations, or to respond to requests from authorised legal authorities.
Finally, we may share your data in other situations when you provide us with consent to do so. For example, data regarding your job application may be shared with other companies of the Parfum Francis Kurkdjian Group and of the LVMH Group worldwide, for recruitment purposes if you provide your consent for such sharing.
Transferring data abroad
Some recipients of your personal data may be located abroad, including outside of the European Economic Area.
All data transfers outside of the European Economic Area are subject to appropriate guarantees, especially contractual, technical and organisational guarantees, that comply with applicable regulations relating to the protection of personal data.
How long do we keep your data?
What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
Depending on the jurisdiction in which you reside, you may have the following rights with respect to your data:
- · Access to Your Personal Information. You may request access to your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. If required by law, upon request, we will grant you access to the personal information that we have about you. Note that California residents may be entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for direct marketing.
- · Changes to Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct your personal information. Most of our websites allow you to modify or delete your account profile. If our website does not permit you to update or correct certain information, you contact us at the address described below in order to request that your information by modified. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law.
- · Deletion of Your Personal Information. You may request information about how long we keep a specific type of information, or request that we delete your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. If required by law we will grant a request to delete information, but you should note that in many situations we must keep your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for another one of our business purposes.
- · Objection to Certain Processing. You may object to our use or disclosure of your personal information by contacting us at the address described below.
- · Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include "Do Not Track" instructions.
- · Emails. If, at any time, you no longer wish to receive details of our offers, news and events, you can unsubscribe using the hypertext link provided for this purpose in each mail we send you.
You can exercise these rights directly with Parfum Francis Kurkdjian by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a non-registered letter by post to Parfum Francis Kurkdjian - Service Relations Clientèle - 41 rue Etienne Marcel, 75001 Paris. You can also telephone us on +33 (0)1 72 95 09 89 (landline charges apply) Monday to Friday from 9 am to 7 pm and Saturday from 10 am to 5 pm (Paris time), or send a non-registered letter to Parfum Francis Kurkdjian - Service Relations Clientèle - 41 rue Etienne Marcel, 75001 Paris.
You have the right to appeal any denial of a request with respect to the rights outlined above. To appeal, please contact our DPO at the contact information below.
You may also lodge a complaint with the Commission Nationale Informatique et Libertés, 3 place de Fontenoy - TSA 80715 - 75334 Paris Cedex 07, www.cnil.fr
Note that, as required by law, we will require you to prove your identity. We may verify your identity by phone call or email. Depending on your request, we will ask for information such as your name, the last item you purchased from us, or the date of your last purchase from us. We may also ask you to provide a signed declaration confirming your identity. Following a request, we will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you in our files.
In some circumstances, you may designate an authorized agent to submit requests to exercise certain privacy rights on your behalf. We will require verification that you provided the authorized agent permission to make a request on your behalf. You must provide us with a copy of the signed permission you have given to the authorized agent to submit the request on your behalf and verify your own identity directly with us. If you are an authorized agent submitting a request on behalf of an individual you must attach a copy of the signed permission provided by the data subject to your request. If we do not receive this information, the request will be denied.
How do we protect your personal data?
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Our website permits you to create an account. When you do you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
Other Important Information
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
· Third Party Applications/Websites. We have no control over the privacy practices of websites or applications that we do not own.
· Accessibility. If you are visually impaired, you may access this notice through your browser’s audio reader.
· Children. Our website is not directed at children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information about individuals under the age of 13. Should we identify any personal information about an individual under the age of 13, we will promptly delete all such personal information.
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer (DPO)
For all questions relating to the collection and processing of your data by Parfum Francis Kurkdjian, you can contact the Parfum Francis Kurkdjian Data Protection Officer at email@example.com