Parfum Francis Kurkdjian pays particular attention to the processing, confidentiality and safety of your personal data.
Parfum Francis Kurkdjian, a simplified joint-stock company with headquarters located at 41 rue Etienne Marcel, 75001 Paris, registered in the Paris trade and companies register under no. 508 343 886 is the data controller of personal data collected on the website www.franciskurkdjian.com, in the sense of regulations applying to personal data, in particular Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data (hereinafter the "GDPR").
Please click on the section you need to refer to:
What is personal data ?
Personal data is any information about an identified physical person or a physical person that may be directly or indirectly identified via an identification number or one or more elements particular to them, such as their last name, first name, date of birth, customer number, order number, photo, etc.
When can we collect your personal data ?
We can collect your personal data when you:
-Create a customer account on our website, in our stores or corners;
-Order goods from our website;
-Make purchases in stores;
-Agree to receive personalized marketing communications from us by email, SMS, phone or post, depending on your selection;
-Answer surveys or satisfaction questionnaires based on your customer experience;
-Interact with our Maison via its official page on social networks or when we suggest re-use of content that you have published on a social network;
-Contact our customer service;
-Send requests for information to our Maison;
-Publish/mention our products on social networks;
-Take part in an event we organise;
-Browse on the Internet using cookies or similar technology or when you click on advertisements for our products.
During your purchase journey, you will be able to choose between i) logging into your existing Parfum Francis Kurkdjian account, ii) creating a new account, or iii) paying as a Guest (or also called Guest Check out). This last purchasing experience is thus summarized as follows. Payment for purchases as a Guest refers to the possibility for any Parfum Francis Kurkdjian customer or prospect to make a purchase in our online store without logging into an account. Your information is collected for the process of payment and delivery of items or for Parfum Francis Kurkdjian in order to comply with applicable laws. Your information may also be used for analytical purposes by Parfum Francis Kurkdjian and for communication purposes via its preferred channel (for example: sending a general newsletter relating to the news of our Maison by email for which you have the right to object). For more information on these purposes, please go to the section "For what purpose is your personal data collected and used?".
What personal data might we collect ?
(i) As part of the services we provide, we may need to collect certain data directly from you using electronic forms on our website, mobile apps or in selected stores, or in paper form, for a range of purposes (see IV for a list of processing purposes).
Information we might collect includes:
-Your contact details (e.g. email address);
-Your personal preferences in relation to the products we market or to our website (language);
-Information relating to your orders, their tracking and your purchase invoices;
-Information you may provide for our customer service;
-Specific health data if you notify us of any undesirable side-effects concerning any of our products;
-Your bank details if you place an order via our website;
- Your publications/mentions relating to our products on social networks.
Personal data essential to Parfum Francis Kurkdjian is marked with an asterisk on all personal data collection forms on our website, in electronic form at some of our counters and stores, as well as off-line in paper form. If you do not fill in these compulsory fields, Parfum Francis Kurkdjian will probably be unable to respond to your request and/or provide you with the requested services. Other information is optional and enables us to get to know you better and improve our communications and services with respect to you.
(ii) We may also collect certain data generated by your purchases of products or services, online or in stores, particularly information regarding the amount and type of your purchases.
If you apply for a job with our company via our website, we may collect the following information:
-Your contact details;
-Your Curriculum Vitae;
-Your application letter.
As this data concerns your application, please inform us in writing of any changes to your contact details or, more generally, to your career and employment situation, to help us to manage your application efficiently.
For what purpose is your personal data collected and used ?
Parfum Francis Kurkdjian processes your data to:
-Enable you to create a customer account on our website, as well as at our corners and stores;
-Manage your access to your customer account on the Internet;
-Process and manage your online orders and their delivery;
-Record purchases made at our corners or in our stores;
-Secure online transactions, prevent fraud, payment incidents and manage debt collection;
-Manage customer relations with respect to any requests for information or complaints you may send us via our website, customer service or social network pages;
-Trace and manage any alerts you may send us as part of our cosmetic vigilance obligations;
-Manage and optimise your customer experience by improving our knowledge of our customers;
-Propose appropriate, tailored services, particularly when we enhance our products and services;
-Conduct statistical analyses to develop management, measuring and reporting tools in order to adjust and improve our sales, marketing and product manufacturing;
-Send a generic newsletter: you have the right to object if you no longer wish to receive it;
-Analyse your preferences and habits, anticipate your needs based on your customer profile and your posts/remarks about our products on social networks;
-Analyse our Maison’s performance on social networks in order to produce statistical analyses (studies of results by market, Maison influence and analysis of campaigns implemented);
-Promote our Maison;
-Send you information about our offers, news and events on the communication media you have selected (link here to the channel preference manager if you have a customer account, otherwise you can contact our customer service (see section "What are your rights and how to exercise them"));
-Subject to your free, specific, informed and unambiguous consent, send you personalised information according to the communication preferences you have indicated to us and your consumer profile (link here to channel preference manager if you have a customer account, otherwise you can contact our customer service (see section "What are your rights and how to exercise them")) and to use third party services to personalise your profile;
-Manage your participation in any events to which you have signed up;
-Manage any online job application.
What legal grounds legitimise the processing of your data?
Parfum Francis Kurkdjian processes your personal information:
-To perform the contract agreed between yourself and Parfum Francis Kurkdjian, to manage your access to your customer account and to process and track your orders;
- our legitimate interest: for example, to improve our products and services, to defend ourselves, to secure our tools or to refine our customer knowledge via the tools of our third party partners and in particular to :
- - to define the personalised profile of our customers based on their interests and to offer them relevant offers from our brand on other websites;
- - identify audiences that are similar to our target audience (in order to deliver our offers to audiences of people who have similarities to our customers' profiles).
-When you have given your consent for the processing of your data, especially for the purposes of managing our personalized prospection, and of your browsing data via cookies, etc;
-Within the framework of compliance with our legal obligations, particularly fiscal obligations (conserving purchase invoices) and cosmetic vigilance with regard to Regulation (EU) 1223/2009 of 30 November 2009 on cosmetic products.
Who are the recipients of your personal data?
Your personal data is processed by the personnel of Parfum Francis Kurkdjian. We ensure that only authorised persons within Parfum Francis Kurkdjian have access to your personal data when this is necessary for the purpose of managing our commercial relations or meeting our legal obligations.
We may also share your personal data with:
-Parfum Francis Kurkdjian subsidiaries abroad;
-Other entities of the LVMH Group, with some of these entities acting as data processors;
-Subcontractors, such as:
- -Site hosting and maintenance service providers and the providers of our electronic personal data collection solutions at counters and in stores;
- -Payment service providers;
- -Anti-fraud service providers such as our trusted service provider, Forter, which helps us to prevent online fraud. Our service provider may, in its capacity as a Data controller, use and process your personal information in accordance with applicable privacy and data protection laws. You can read about the ways by which our service provider may use and process your personal information in this address : https://www.forter.com/privacy-policy/
- -Logistic service providers;
- -Marketing solution service providers;
- - Third parties wishing to know your interests so that they can build similar audiences and target prospects corresponding to your profile. In the context of this specific processing, these partners may re-use the personal data made available to them to carry out autonomous and distinct targeting for commercial prospecting purposes, for which they are responsible, and are responsible for their legal and regulatory obligations.
- Please note that in the context of re-use, these partners act as data controllers. You should therefore refer to their own privacy policies. We illustrate some examples below.
- -Third parties who carry out statistics on our performance on social networks on our behalf;
- -Sales prospection and social network communication service providers;
- -Customer service providers;
- -Service providers for managing cosmetic vigilance alerts;
- -Event organisation service providers.
Lastly, Parfum Francis Kurkdjian may need to share your personal data with third parties to meet its legal, regulatory or treaty obligations, or to respond to requests from authorised legal authorities.
With your consent, data regarding your job application may be shared with other companies of the Parfum Francis Kurkdjian Group and of the LVMH Group worldwide, for recruitment purposes.
How do we ensure the confidentiality of your data?
We ask our partners and group companies to maintain a similar level of protection as we provide for your personal data.
We apply the necessary precautions to guarantee the confidentiality and security of your data.
We prevent your data from being distorted, damaged, destroyed or accessed by unauthorised third parties.
Important: your bank details are encrypted on Parfum Francis Kurkdjian servers. Payments are processed via a secured payment platform, involving additional verifications, in order to guarantee the security of purchases made on www.franciskurkdjian.com, and combat fraud.
The details you provide of your payment card when placing an order are always encrypted prior to transit using an SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol.
In addition, some personal data collected while placing an order on our website www.franciskurkdjian.com can be processed for the purpose of securing payments and combating fraud.
Parfum Francis Kurkdjian analyses, on the basis of objective criteria, the risk of fraud related to each order.
Thus, Parfum Francis Kurkdjian is likely to ask its customers for additional supporting documents.
In this case, the controlled order will not be shipped until the supporting documents have been received and analysed by Parfum Francis Kurkdjian. The order may be cancelled if the documents received do not guarantee the security of the order and its payment.
The personal data collected will be kept until the final validation of the payment by the customer's bank and will then be deleted without undue delay.
Transferring data abroad
Some recipients of your personal data may be located abroad, including outside of the European Economic Area.
All data transfers outside of the European Economic Area are subject to appropriate guarantees, especially contractual, technical and organisational guarantees, that comply with applicable regulations relating to the protection of personal data.
How long do we keep your data?
In general, your personal data are kept in our database:
• Customer (i.e.: with a Parfum Francis Kurkdjian customer profile)
Duration: 5 years from the date of the first purchase or account creation
Specificity: This period will be renewed each time you interact with Parfum Francis Kurkdjian (for example a purchase or an update of your profile) or your consent to continue to interact at the end of this period
• Prospect (i.e. you have never purchased a Parfum Francis Kurkdjian product but you subscribed to our communications)
Duration: 3 years from the date of data collection
Specificity: This period will be renewed each time you interact with Parfum Francis Kurkdjian (e.g. participation in an event) or your consent to continue to interact at the end of this period
• Guest' customer (i.e.: not having a customer account)
Duration: 5 years from the date of first purchase
Specificity: This period will be renewed each time you interact with Parfum Francis Kurkdjian (e.g. a purchase)
• Privileged contacts (e.g. agents, journalists, celebrity managers, artists) in relation to the Parfum Francis Kurkdjian Public Relations department
Duration: 10 years from the date of your first contact
Specificity: This period will be renewed each time you interact with Parfum Francis Kurkdjian (e.g. a request for information about Parfum Francis Kurkdjian)
• For cosmetovigilance data, for the duration of the cosmetovigilance case, then 10 years of archiving
• If you are a "candidate" (i.e. you apply for a position offered by Parfum Francis Kurkdjian): 2 years from your application
When we no longer need to use your personal data, they are deleted from our systems and records or made anonymous so that you can no longer be identified.
What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
Under current regulations, particularly the GDPR, you have the right to access and correct your personal data, request erasure, object to processing on legitimate grounds and obtain limitation or portability, insofar as this is applicable.
In particular, the GDPR provides the following rights:
• Right to information: you have the right to obtain clear, transparent and understandable information about how we use your personal data and about your rights. You will find all of this information in this Statement
• Right of access: you have the right to access the personal data that Parfum Francis Kurkdjian holds about you
• Right of rectification: you have the right to have your personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or obsolete and / or to supplement it if it is incomplete
• Right to erasure / right to be forgotten: you have the right to have your data erased or deleted. However, this right may be limited by a legal reason or our legitimate interest in keeping your personal data
• Right of opposition: you can at any time request to no longer receive our communications relating to our offers, news and events. You can in particular use the hypertext link provided for this purpose in each email or communication that we send to you. You can also request to receive non-personalized communications about our products and services
• Right to withdraw consent at any time for data processing based on consent: you can withdraw your consent relating to our processing of your data when this processing is based on consent
• Right to data portability: you have the right to move, copy or transfer data from our database to another. This right only applies to the data you have provided, and provided that the processing is based on a contract or your consent and carried out using automated processes
You also have the right to issue general or specific directives concerning the preservation, erasure and communication of your data post-mortem.
You can exercise these rights directly with Parfum Francis Kurkdjian by sending an email to email@example.com or a non-registered letter by post to Parfum Francis Kurkdjian - Service Relations Clientèle - 41 rue Etienne Marcel, 75001 Paris.
If, at any time, you no longer wish to receive details of our offers, news and events, you can unsubscribe using the hypertext link provided for this purpose in each mail we send you. You can also telephone us on +33 (0)1 72 95 09 89 (landline charges apply) Monday to Saturday from 10am to 7pm (Paris time), or send a non-registered letter to Parfum Francis Kurkdjian - Service Relations Clientèle - 41 rue Etienne Marcel, 75001 Paris.
You may also lodge a complaint with the Commission Nationale Informatique et Libertés, 3 place de Fontenoy - TSA 80715 - 75334 Paris Cedex 07, www.cnil.fr
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer (DPO)
For all questions relating to the collection and processing of your data by Parfum Francis Kurkdjian, you can contact the Parfum Francis Kurkdjian Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last update : 29/04/2022